UK Student Life Forum Index UK Student Life
Study, work, travel and life in the UK

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

will I have to pay international student fees?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
STUDENT

PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2006 3:17 pm    Post subject: will I have to pay international student fees? Reply with quote

Hi :(

Ok, here's my situation, I am an italian citizen, however I dont live in italy, will i have to pay international student fees? :(
mark
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2006 5:18 pm    Post subject: Home/overseas fees Reply with quote

The main rule for EU nationals is that you must have been living ("ordinarily resident") in an EEA country or Switzerland for the 3 years before the start of your course. So the answer to your question depends where you are living.
[ The EEA countries are listed here:
http://www.ukstudentlife.com/Links/EEA.htm ]

You can check the rules in more detail by downloading note number 15 from this page of the UKCOSA website:
http://www.ukcosa.org.uk/pages/guidenote.htm
Because you are an EU national you should check "category 2".

Alternatively, contact the International Students Office at your chosen university/college - if you explain your nationality and where you have been living it should be able to tell you whether you need to pay the overseas fees.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    UK Student Life Forum Index -> University All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: